PlaceMakers is a colossal enterprise with a turnover exceeding one billion dollars. With 53 operational units, 64 nationwide sites (all individually owned), and eight frame and truss plants, operations are on an immense scale. The volume of data generated and managed is staggering, and security is of paramount importance. Since 2012, Dataprint has played a pivotal role in supporting PlaceMakers operations.
PlaceMakers operations involve processing vast amounts of complex data for various purposes, including billing. The need for quick, accurate data processing and the seamless delivery of information to customers presented a significant challenge. PlaceMakers sought a partner that could not only handle the fundamentals, but also adapt to their evolving customer communication needs, especially in terms of innovation and technology.
Since winning PlaceMaker’s business more than a decade ago, Dataprint continues to be the ideal customer communication partner. Our unique positioning across software development, digital communications and print production means we excel at processing complex data and delivering it in user-friendly formats – including print, email and digital portals. This is exactly what PlaceMakers needs.
“It’s in daily customer interactions that your brand actually has to live up to its values. It’s got to be quick, it’s got to be easy, it’s always got to work. Dataprint’s capability in that area really helps us to provide total transparency to our customers, and that’s really helping tradies succeed in their business,” says Mark Phillips, GM Technology at PlaceMakers.
The partnership between PlaceMakers and Dataprint showcases the importance of choosing the right data processing and communication partner.
“Dataprint has consistently gone above and beyond in their support. They have even stopped print runs when urgent updates were needed, demonstrating their commitment to exceptional service. We’ve found over the years that Dataprint not only do the fundamentals well, but as we’ve given them challenges around innovation and new technology, they’ve risen to those challenges.”
- Real-time information via APIs: We have implemented customisations that involve calling PlaceMakers’ APIs to provide real-time information to their trade customers. When these customers log in, they can view their account balance and the last five transactions, along with their payment status.
- Data consolidation: PlaceMakers consists of multiple franchises, so our team had to consolidate data from various sources into a single database.
- Mobile responsiveness: The Dataprint team has made the PlaceMakers site more mobile-responsive and has implemented a design that aligns with the PlaceMakers trade portal, which is the central hub for trade customers. This allows tradies to easily access information, order products and view their invoices.
- Seamless user experience: The user experience (UX) of the PlaceMakers Saber platform has been improved to match the design and feel of the trade portal, ensuring a seamless transition for customers moving between Saber and the portal.
- Single sign-on (SSO): SSO has been implemented, eliminating the need for customers to log in separately when accessing the trade portal and Saber. This streamlines the login process.
- Dedicated server: PlaceMakers now has its own dedicated server, separate from Dataprint’s other clients, which has improved performance and security. Data is isolated, and they have the flexibility to scale their platform independently. The servers are located in Hamilton and Wellington.