Dataprint Privacy Notice
Last Updated: 27th April 2022
At Dataprint we take your privacy seriously. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to inform visitors to our website and premises about the collection, use, and disclosure of their personal information, including how we ensure the accuracy, integrity, and security of such information. This Privacy Notice does not apply with respect to information that we process as part of the services that we provide to our customers.
Dataprint refers to New Zealand Document Exchange Limited (81414), trading as Dataprint, which is part of Freightways Group Limited. You can find more information about our related entities here.
We are bound by this Privacy Notice and the requirements of the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020, which regulates how we may collect, use, disclose, and store personal information, as well as how individuals may exercise their rights or options regarding the personal information held about them.
Changes to this Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically. We advise you to check back frequently to see any updates or changes. The latest version and publication date will always be clearly marked.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect personal information:
As part of opening an account
- the applicant’s full name, role, contact phone number and email address (“Contact Information”), the full legal name of the applicant’s company, suburb, physical and postal addresses, telephone numbers, the type of entity and the nature of the business that the applicant is associated with.
- details of business credit references, and the full name, role, contact phone number and email address of those within the applicant’s organisation who may have a key role in the service relationship (for example, directors, key points of contact and accounts payable contacts).
As part of delivering services and managing the service relationship
- We collect the contact information of staff members who are involved in the service relationship.
When you visit our premises
- We may collect Close-Circuit Television (CCTV) footage.
- If you are visiting our premises for the purpose of a business meeting, we collect your full, contact number, company name, who you are visiting, and the date and duration of your visit. If you are parking on site, we may also collect your car registration number.
Contact us via telephone
- We collect your contact information, and the contents of the conversation, which may be recorded.
Contact us via email, webform or post
- your email address and any contact information provided. We will also collect the contents of your email.
- any contact information provided, along with the contents of your webform query.
- any contact information provided, along with the contents of your letter.
Subscribe to our newsletter
- We collect your email address.
Visit, search for and browse our websites and self-service portals
- We collect the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the internet, your login information, data on your screen settings and device settings, such as the point and scroll settings of your mouse, web browser type and version, time zone settings, and operating system information.
- We also collect information about your use or visit, including statistical information about visits to pages on the site, the products and services you viewed or searched for, page response times, duration of individual page view, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) and the paths taken by you through the site, plus the full uniform resource locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time).
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO OTHERS COLLECT?
If you use our services (e.g., browsing our website) whilst logged into the following services, then they will collect information about your browsing as detailed in their privacy policies.
The information Google Analytics collects includes:
- your IP address;
- the search terms you use;
- the pages you access on our website and the links you click on;
- the date and time you visit the site;
- the site that directed you to our website, if any;
- your operating system (e.g., Windows, Mac); and
- the type of web browser you use (e.g., Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox).
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect and use your personal information for a variety of purposes including:
- Processing an account application, including carrying out credit checks;
- Enabling the purchase of products and services from us, to process your orders, obtain payment and to recover debt owed to us;
- Answering queries and providing customer service;
- Maintaining and developing our business systems, processes, and infrastructure, including testing, and upgrading of these systems, route planning, product or service development, research, and quality control;
- Keeping staff and visitors safe while on our premises, and to monitor access to secure areas within our premises;
- Administering our websites for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, security, statistical and survey purposes;
- Providing information about products and services across the Freightways Group;
- Undertaking research to understand our customers, and make improvements to our products, services, purchasing and customer support processes;
- Measuring or understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- Investigating, assessing, and responding to any claims;
- Meeting our various legal and contractual obligations;
- Managing and resolving any legal or commercial complaints and issues;
- Carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental, regulatory requirement, or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection, or prosecution.
If you choose not to provide certain personal information you should be aware that we may not be ableto provide you with products and services.
We may send you marketing or promotional communications about our products, services, or brand. If you do not wish to receive such communications, please contact us and we will respect your request and cease future communications.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
We use a number of organisations within the Freightways Group, as well as organisations outside the Freightways Group to enable the provision of services to you. Personal information may be provided to these organisations as part of delivery of the services. These organisations are contractually required to only use your information for the purpose of supporting the services that we provide to you.
Information may also be disclosed to:
- Other entities within the Freightways Group in order to optimise the design and delivery of products and services across the Freightways Group. You can find out more information about entities within Freightways Group Limited here;
- Other people who you specifically request we share your personal information with;
- Credit reference agencies who may share your information with other organisations and who may keep a record of the searches made against your name;
- the prospective seller or buyer in the event that we buy, sell, reorganise, merge or dissolve businesses or assets;
- Law enforcement, regulatory bodies, legal advisors, or similar third parties where we are under a legal duty to disclose or share personal information in order to comply with a legal obligation;
- Enforce or apply our website terms and conditions and other agreements;
- Protect our rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We do not disclose your personal information to any third party other than those described previously or when we are legally required to do so.
HOW DO WE SECURE YOUR INFORMATION?
Your personal information is held in a controlled and secure environment. We use appropriate technical, organizational, and administrative security measures to protect any information we hold from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Among other practices, accounts are protected by a password for your privacy and security.
We use various technologies on our websites to appropriately secure transactions and process online orders. You should, however, be aware that there is always an inherent risk in transmitting personal information via the Internet.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We only keep your personal information for as long as it is required. We will keep your personal information:
- Until we no longer have a valid reason for keeping it; or
- For as long as required by law e.g., we keep invoice information for 7 years to fulfil our tax obligations.
HAVE A QUESTION OR CONCERN, OR WOULD LIKE A COPY OF THE INFORMATION THAT WE HOLD ABOUT YOU?
If you have any questions or concerns or would like to exercise your right to obtain a copy of the information that we hold about you (or to have this information corrected), please get in contact with us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can contact the Freightways Privacy Officer via:
Email: email@example.com; or
Post: Freightways Group Limited
Attn: Privacy Officer
32 Botha Road,
If you consider your query or privacy concerns have not been resolved satisfactorily by us, or you wish to obtain more information on privacy requirements, you can contact the New Zealand Office of the Privacy Commissioner via their website www.privacy.org.nz or free phone at 0800 803 909. Further information about how to lodge a complaint is available on the Privacy Commissioner’s website.
Dataprint Privacy Notice. Last Updated: 27th April 2022